Title: IT Project Manager
In this very important role of IT Project Manager, you will be driving force for managing and implementing large Information Technology Projects. This working manager position requires someone with organization skills that is extremely technically proficient in understanding elaborate IT Networks, Digital & IP Telephone Systems, Cabling Infrastructure and additional systems integration from the ground up. The primary purpose will be to complete IT projects by evaluating project feasibility; establishing, developing, implementing, and controlling project plans; supporting operations; managing project staff.
- Establishes IT project feasibility by examining project alignment with organization strategies and plans; completing cost-benefit and information, technology, and systems integration analyses.
- Establishes IT project plan by determining project objectives, technology, systems, and information specifications, schedules, funding, and staffing.
- Obtains project staff accomplishments by recruiting, selecting, orienting, and training staff members; assigning responsibilities; approving contractors; coaching, counseling and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Establishes and achieves financial objectives by preparing a project budget; scheduling and approving expenditures; analyzing variances, initiating corrective actions.
- Confirms IT project outcomes by establishing standards and testing requirements; writing scripts and test cases.
- Controls IT project plan by approving changes; reviewing open issues; communicating essential information.
- Supports operations by resolving technology, systems, and information issues; providing user training.
- Prepares IT project status reports by collecting, analyzing and summarizing information and trends.
- Maintains project data base by developing information requirements; designing an information system; entering data.
- Updates job knowledge by tracking and understanding emerging information technology and project management practices and standards; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
- Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Technical Management, Project Management, Planning, Management Proficiency, Managing Processes, Reporting Skills, Data Entry Skills, Verbal Communication, Advanced Interpersonal Communications Skills, Informing Others, Functional and Technical Skills, Problem Solving, Results Driven, Quality Focus,
Organized, Process and Detail Oriented, Fast Paced, Intense, Expresses Urgency, Independent, Hard Work Ethic, People Person, Integrity, Technically Inclined
5+ years of industry experience with IT Project Implementation & Management
Preferred - Experience implementing the following type of projects:
Healthcare New Construction Experience (IT Projects for Hospitals)
5+ Years of Experience as an IT System Administrator/Telephone
Preferred - Experience implementing the following products/solutions:
VM Ware Virtual Severs
Avaya Ethernet Routing Switches
Wireless Networks ' Wireless Access Points
Bogen/Valcom Paging & Speaker Systems
Cabling Infrastructure - Ground Up
Telephone Systems & Sets (Avaya IPO and CM preferred)
Experience Troubleshooting, Turning Up, & Cutting Over Phone Lines, PRI, T-1's, Integrated Circuits
Experience with Computers, Servers, LAN/WAN's
Experience installing/troubleshooting voice, data, coax and fiber-optic cables
Autotask CRM Ticketing Software Experience a plus
Company cell phone
Paid Time Off / Paid Holidays
VDI Communications, Inc. provides IT Services, IP Telephony Solutions, and Cabling Infrastructure to Healthcare, Hospitality, Oil & Gas, and commercial clients. We are a multi-million dollar corporation in which the founders encompass over 25 years of experience.
Our data and telecommunications divisions are growing! We are hiring for many positions and have a need for an experienced IT Project manager that thrives in a fast paced environment to join our team! We know our success is based on our employees' expert and hard work ethic tied to our customer's satisfaction.
Thank you for your interest in joining our organization.
Please submit your resume now if you are interested in this career opportunity.Submit Your Resume