Job Title: Technical Service Manager
(IT, Telephony, & Cabling Service Ticket/Technicians Management)
In this very important role of technical service manager, you will be the primary and first point of contact for all customer service requests and needs. This front line position requires someone with customer service, interpersonal communication, and organization skills that is technically proficient in understanding installation of telephone systems and circuits, voice and data cables, and IT products and services.
- Serves existing accounts by creating and analyzing work orders; investigating complaints of customers and asking questions to properly identify the problem; schedule the appropriate type of technician (phone, computer or cable) for the service call.
- Manages service orders by tracking all service orders initiated by phone or email from customers, following up with customers prior to dispatch to advise customer of scheduled time and date, reviewing service orders to ensure equipment and time is accurate to be billed, and closing the ticket so it can move to the billing department
- Manages technicians schedules and time sheets on a daily and weekly basis
- Utilizes technical knowledge and experience to manage and gain trust of technicians
- Motivates and leads technicians providing compassion, stability, hope and trustworthiness
- Prepares service orders by studying system requirements; ordering and gathering components and parts needed for the specific service order; and prior to dispatch/scheduling-ensuring technicians have the equipment and tools necessary to complete installation and/or repair
- Maintains rapport with customers by examining complaints; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements.
- Updates service orders with technician time, equipment and materials used, notes from the customers, internal notes, and technician notes
- Manages inventory and equipment by keeping stock of standard equipment and material utilized by technicians
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records.
- Maintains customer confidence by expressing technical understanding of customer's problems and needs and by keeping service information confidential.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications.
- Accomplishes operations and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
Skills / Qualifications:
Electronics Troubleshooting, Analyzing Information, Judgment, Client Relationships, Reporting Skills, Confidentiality, Quality Focus, Results Driven, Supply Management, Informing Others, Customer Service Skills, Advanced Interpersonal Communications Skills, Technically Proficient
Organized, Process and Detail Oriented, Fast Paced, Intense, Expresses Urgency, Independent, Hard Work Ethic, People Person, Integrity, Technically Inclined
2+ Years Industry Experience
2+ Years Experience with Moves, Adds, and Changes for Telephone Systems & Sets
Experience Troubleshooting, Turning Up, & Cutting Over Phone Lines, PRI, T-1's, Integrated Circuits
2+Years Experience with Computers, Servers, LAN/WAN's
Experience installing/troubleshooting voice, data, and coax cable
Autotask Ticketing Experience a plus
Company cell phone
Paid Time Off / Paid Holidays
VDI Communications, Inc. provides IT Services, IP Telephony Solutions, and Cabling Infrastructure to Hospitals, Healthcare, Hospitality, Oil & Gas, and commercial clients. We are a multi-million dollar corporation in which the founders encompass over 25 years of experience.
Our data and telecommunications divisions are growing! We are hiring for many positions and have a need for an experienced technical service manager that thrives in a fast paced environment to join our team! We know our success is based on our employees' expert and hard work ethic tied to our customer's satisfaction.
Thank you for your interest in joining our organization.
We encourage you to submit your resume now if you are interested in this career opportunity.Submit Your Resume