Job Title: Avaya IP Office Engineer
In the rewarding and challenging role of Avaya IP Office Engineer you will be responsible for the design, configuration, installation, testing, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of our customers’ Voice Infrastructure.
- Performs installation, maintenance, and Troubleshooting on Avaya telephony products specializing in Avaya IP Office System and Norstar BCM.
- Provides Tier1 through Tier3 engineering support, advice and consultation
- Experience with Move, Add, and Changes (MAC) of Avaya IP Office and other components like Voicemail Pro Server, One-X Portal and Contact Store.
- Utilizes thorough knowledge and experience of testing, troubleshooting, cutting over, and turning up phone lines, PRI’s, voice and data T-1’s, Trunks, and integrated circuits
- Troubleshoot Telephone system hardware/software, Voicemail, and Telephone set and Feature issues on site and remotely
- Participates as a key member of the telecommunications team in the Design, Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting, and Monitoring of core LAN/WAN services required for VoIP infrastructure.
- Manages internal responsibilities of service tickets; project management; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; and resolving problems
- Establishes service by studying system requirements; researching documentation, ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests
- Maintains rapport with customers by discussing issues; providing technical support; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, etc.
3-5 years of strong experience with Avaya IP Office and Voicemail Pro including 8.1 and higher releases
Bachelors or Associates Degree
Avaya Certifications: APSS, ACIS-SMEC or ACSS-SMEC
Experience with Avaya Definity Systems G3, Intuity Audix,
Communication Manager and other Avaya Aura products
Experience with Nortel BCM
Knowledge of MS Active Directory and DNS
Experience resolving LAN/WAN issues in Voice infrastructure
Working Knowledge of Windows/Linux OS’s
Strong problem solving skills, writing and communication skills
Company cell phone
Paid Time Off
VDI Communications, Inc. is an Information Technology and Telecommunications company that provides IT Consulting, IP Telephony, and Structured Cabling. We are a multi-million dollar corporation located in Houston, Texas in which the founders encompass over 25 years of experience. Our primary focus has been Telecommunications (Cabling and IP Telephony) and IT projects targeting large enterprise customers with an industry niche in Hospitals, Oil and Gas, and Hotels.
Our data and telecommunications divisions are growing and we need experienced service technicians that thrive in a fast paced environment to join our team! We know our success is based on our technicians’ expertise and hard work ethic combined with our customer’s satisfaction. A reflection of our success is also revealed in our annual gross revenues increasing by 25 percent.
Thank you for your interest in joining our organization.
We encourage you to submit your resume now if you are interested in this career opportunity.Submit Your Resume