Job Title: Senior Avaya Engineer / Telephony Services Manager
In the rewarding and challenging role of Senior Avaya Engineer, a working manager position, you will ultimately be responsible for the design, configuration, installation, testing, maintenance, monitoring and troubleshooting of our customers’ telecommunications networks to ensure a secure and reliable high performance network. You will also be managing Tier I, II, and III telephony technicians.
- Performs installation, maintenance, and Troubleshooting on Avaya telephony products specializing in Avaya IP Office, Avaya Aura Communications Manager, Session Manager, System Manager, & BCM
- Provides Tier1 through Tier3 engineering support, advice and consultation
- Participates as a key member of the telecommunications team in the design, installation, configuration, troubleshooting, and monitoring of core LAN/WAN services required for VoIP
- Utilizes thorough knowledge and experience of testing, troubleshooting, cutting over, and turning up phone lines, PRI’s, voice and data T-1’s, Trunks, and integrated circuits
- Troubleshoot telephone system hardware/software, voicemail, and telephone set and feature issues on site and remotely
- Manages internal responsibilities of service desk tickets; project management; planning daily travel schedule; investigating complaints; conducting tests; and resolving problems
- Establishes service by studying system requirements; researching documentation, ordering and gathering components and parts; completing installation; performing acceptance tests
- Maintains rapport with customers by discussing issues; providing technical support; identifying solutions; suggesting improved methods and techniques; recommending system improvements
- Documents service and installation actions by completing forms, reports, logs, and records
- Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications, etc.
5 years of experience Installing & Troubleshooting
Avaya IP Office and Avaya Aura UC Products
Avaya Certifications: ACIS-SMEC or ACSS-SMEC
ACIS-CM & CMM, and APSS & APDS
Knowledge of MS Active Directory and DNS
Experience resolving complex LAN/WAN issues
Bachelors or Associates Degree
Working Knowledge of Windows/Linux OS’s
Working Knowledge of Cisco Routing and Switching
3-5 years of experience with Nortel MICS, CICS, and BCM
3-5 years of experience with Avaya Partner & Definity
Company cell phone
Paid Time Off
VDI Communications, Inc. is an Information Technology and Telecommunications company that provides IT Consulting, IP Telephony, and Structured Cabling. Our company is focused on the latest cutting edge technology relating to Unified Communications Solutions; where telephony and IT become one. At VDI you have exposure to implementing cutting edge information technology projects with elaborate networks on the voice and data spectrum. VDI is the company that has Tier 3 design, support, and implementation solutions. We are the company that CIO’s call when they are stuck. We are a multi-million dollar corporation located in Houston, Texas in which the founders encompass over 25 years of experience. Our primary focus has been Telecommunications (Cabling and IP Telephony) and IT projects targeting large enterprise customers with an industry niche in Hospitals, Oil and Gas, and Hotels.
Our data and telecommunications divisions are growing and we need experienced service technicians that thrive in a fast paced environment to join our team! We know our success is based on our technicians’ expertise and hard work ethic combined with our customer’s satisfaction. A reflection of our success is also revealed in our annual gross revenues increasing by 25 percent each year.
Thank you for your interest in joining our organization.
We encourage you to submit your resume now if you are interested in this career opportunity.Submit Your Resume